This New Year I decided to join the 52Hike Challenge. Too be honest it sounded a bit overwhelming, because I literally only have Sabbaths to do any hiking, since I have to work every Sunday. But I thought what a good way to make sure we are outside and hiking. Plus it would be great for my blog! The first hike L and I did was around the Arlington Airport Trail. It is pretty much flat the entire 6 miles. But I don't feel like writing about that one, so I am writing this post about Japanese Gulch. Japanese Gulch was once a housing area for the local Japanese emigrant workers that worked for the Crown Lumber Company in the 1900's, but today it has a dog park, hiking and mountain biking trails. This is thanks to a group called Japanese Gulch that decided they wanted to preserve the area instead of having it developed in 2014. After church and potluck I decided that I had to go hiking, it wasn't raining, wasn't too cold, and who cares i...
Comments
Post a Comment